Making money online is one of the commonly searched keywords ever, and appropriately so. Everyone wants to make some – in some states, huge amounts of – extra cash, don’t we?
While the internet is full of opportunities, Google AdSense is one of the most helpful and by far the most dependable. Now the question is Earn Money Online with Google Adsense? and what you have to do to Earn Money Online with Google Adsense? All you have to do is the proper research, produce quality content and make an AdSense account.
Learning over the internet can be misleading, and most often not all available in one place, therefore Raabta team has assembled a list of the most important FAQs about Google AdSense that everyone needs to go through if he or she is seeming to earn money online. From signing up to receiving payments, we have covered every possible topic related to Google AdSense for your ease.
What is Google AdSense and How to Earn Money Online with Google Adsense?
Google AdSense is free of cost means to monetize your website traffic by displaying relevant ads on your website alongside the regular content. When ads are viewed or clicked, you’ll automatically earn money.
AdSense is the selection of 2 million people. In 2020, Google paid out nearly $10B to its publishers showcasing the power of AdSense that is because millions of sponsors compete for ad space.
Some Alluring features of AdSense are its flexibility and reliant consonance alongside the options of
- Deciding where ads appear, block ones you don’t want and change the peculiarities of text ads to go with the outlook of your site.
- Google AdSense is Mobile friendly which indicates the ad units have the capability to adapt to different screen sizes, so it won’t matter if your site is being seen on mobile, tablet or laptop.
- The major benefit is that you have a role in adding to your earning by promoting the kind of ads that go along the site setting. There are a lot of choices to choose the right ad types and formats. Performance metrics are there to view stats and help you with any modifications.
What are the different types of AdSense accounts to Earn Money Online with Google Adsense?
The two kinds of accounts offered are business and individual.
There’s no variation in service or payment structure, however, payments are made out to the organisation if you have a business account or to your name if you have an individual account.
You can’t edit your account type once your account is activated. In case you do want to replace the account type you must start again with a new account.
What are Google’s policies to enable AdSense on websites?
To get the due benefits while sidestepping any mishap is by keeping up with all the related Google policies as they favour to change it from time to time.
This isn’t a complete list but following policies are several common and essential to abide by to keep a bona fide account.
Clicks and Impressions
- Don’t click on your own ads
To understand more about the advertisement, you need to follow the conventional procedure of typing the URL of the ad into your browser.
- Don’t ask anyone else to click either
The policy declares that site should not be used for money-raising ideas for any cause or for your own through means of regarding encouragement of users in any direct or indirect way, on third-party sites or via email. The only purpose they should click is out of their own interest.
- Choosing Ads Location
Administrators should make sure that ads are placed according to given criteria i.e. not under the misleading title, away from interactive elements and not mixing with site’s content to misdirect the user. In other words, publishers should not try dishonest tricks to get users to click the ads. Publishers can still receive an infringement notification even for the accidental clicks.
If you have a website with games the ads should be placed away from the controls so the user may not accidentally click on them. It is recommended to keep a minimum distance of 150 pixels between the flash player and the ad.
Content ads are not to be put on game interfaces, interstitial pages or sites restricted to streaming videos but if you want to gain by these means i.e. video streaming, game interface by overlaying ads, in-current or interstitial ads there are further guidelines like AdSense for video, AdSense for games, or the YouTube Partner Program.
- Keep tabs on the ads
You must practice caution while buying and setting up ad campaigns with third companies. They should not display your site in pop-ups or through any software utilisation.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics gives you with a set of analytic devices with which you can even analyze where the most clicks were and this knowledge could lead you to a better understanding of your site traffic and give you better discretion about improvements.
Administrators are accountable for their content on any page even if the content was created by someone else.
- Content restrictions
If the content being presented by websites is in violation of program policies then Google ads won’t be advertised next to them. Blocked content could be adult/mature, copyrighted or violent etc.
- Your own content
Users are required to be familiar with Google’s Webmaster policies and use some useful methods to improve their sites reaching. It should contain important information with related keywords that would be used accordingly to the crux of your content.
- Avoid hidden links and texts and focus on the related content.
- Google will dispensation out the pages if they don’t add values to users experience so avoid getting them in order to rank up your site. It will also take suitable action against auto-generated content, doorway pages, scraped content and Thin affiliate sites.
- Ad Policy
Ad placement policies state-specific regulations on placement of ads as they should not
be on pop-ups, behind a login button, in software applications or on sites that mimic Google.
Tampering with any part of the code is prohibited i.e. change the layout, behaviour, targeting, or delivery of ads unless Google has authorized it.
- Pop-ups and automatic software installation is no-go
- Impersonating google pages is wrongful. Publishers are prohibited from using Google features i.e. trademarks, logos or web pages etc. without Google’s permission.
- Publishers shouldn’t change the home pages via pop-ups and not tempt the user to install any software on their systems.
Disabled ads or account
Google can disable ads to your site or account. To re-enable them, you must be responsive and thoroughly read the notification email.
- You must be up-to-date on your AdSense account’s associated email in case of your ads being disabled. The publishers must also attentively read the emails and respond accordingly to any requests. You are to diligently refurbish your entire network of sites to comply with AdSense policies in case of notifications about problems
What is the eligibility criteria to participate in AdSense?
- Firstly, you must own the website and in clear technical terms, you must have the ability to access its HTML code. In case of submitting a website, you don’t own (ww.youtube.com) your application for AdSense won’t get approved.
- Secondly, the following policies set by Google must be followed to utilize AdSense services. In case of failure to comply with them, Google has the right to disable ad serving to your site or/and disable your account. If your account does get disabled you are then ineligible to participate in AdSense program any further.
- It is required in some locations that your site has to be active for at least six months before consideration. This step is a quality check for their advertisement network and to protect the interests of our advertisers and existing publishers
- Only applications from applicants who are over 18 as stated in Terms and Conditions are eligible.
The websites Blogger and YouTube have different criteria as they enable you to create host partner accounts where for eligibility of these accounts you have to meet certain other criteria for your blog to be eligible for monetization. You can link your products in a non-host partner website even though you have initially signed up as a host partner, all you have to do it submit a one-time application form.
What are the Most Common AdWords Display Ad Sizes?
Advertisers can use image Ads on their Google Display network. This can greatly help draw attention to your product or service from Google’s 2 million websites and apps.
The requirements for Google display images are the following;
- GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF and ZIP formats are supported only.
- The file should have a maximum size of 150 KB.
You can choose from 20 different ad sizes which are categorized in four size types.
Square and rectangle
- 200×200 – Small Square
- 240×400 – Vertical Rectangle
- 250×250 – Square
- 250×360 – Triple Widescreen
- 300×250 – Inline Rectangle
- 336×280 – Large Rectangle
- 580×400 – Netboard
- 120×600 – Skyscraper
- 160×600 – Wide Skyscraper
- 300×600 – Half-Page Ad
- 300×1050 – Portrait
- 468×60 – Banner
- 728×90 – Leaderboard
- 930×180 – Top Banner
- 970×90 – Large Leaderboard
- 970×250 – Billboard
- 980×120 – Panorama
- 300×50 – Mobile Banner
- 320×50 – Mobile Banner
- 320×100 – Large Mobile Banner
There is no specific answer to which are the most common sizes, different sizes can be used for different purposes.
However, here is a list of some sizes that are being used commonly in different categories
- 250 x 250 – Square
- 200 x 200 – Small Square
- 468 x 60 – Banner
- 728 x 90 – Leaderboard
- 300 x 250 – Inline Rectangle
- 336 x 280 – Large Rectangle
- 120 x 600 – Skyscraper
- 160 x 600 – Wide Skyscraper
- 300 x 600 – Half-Page Ad
- 970 x 90 – Large Leaderboard