In 2010, the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program – Pakistan (Global UGRAD-Pakistan) was established by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the United States Department of State. The program in Pakistan is governed by the United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) and in the United States by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX).
Within a short time, the Global UGRAD has earned a tremendous reputation among Pakistani university working students. With the first group of 100 members of the 2010-11 Global UGRAD-Pakistan turned to Pakistan to finish their undergraduate degrees at Pakistani universities.
The Global UGRAD program is meant to award undergraduate Pakistani students registered at a university in Pakistan. The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program gives cultural/academic exchange through a non-degree program for a term at a university in the U.S.
Applicants of this program are required to be in either their 14th or 15th year of formal education. It means they must be studying in 2nd or 3rd year of their degrees in Pakistan. Students registered in either, a four-year bachelor’s program or a two-year bachelor’s programs are eligible to apply.
Age limit: 25 Years
- Provisional Announcement: September/October
- Two groups: Fall and spring semester
- Duration: One semester – approximately half attend in fall and another half in spring
- Grantees start studies: Fall next year
- Pakistani nationals
- 25 years or younger
- Currently registered in a college or university and committed to returning to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- Strong management and leadership qualities and potential in their university and society activities
- A serious interest in learning about the United States
- High level of academic performance, as indicated in grades, awards and reference letters
- Proficiency in English
- Students from diverse backgrounds, particularly those students who have not previously had chances to travel internationally are encouraged to apply
- Candidates with dual U.S./Pakistani nationality or U.S. permanent residency
- Those who have a parent, spouse or fiancé who is a U.S citizen or permanent U.S resident
- Workers of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents. For programs supported by their agencies, employees of USAID or the HEC and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents.
- Students in their last year of university
UGRAD advertisement for 2022
|Deadline:-||November 20, 2022|
How to apply
The application form is required to be submitted online. All supporting documents, such as photocopies of transcripts including an illustration of the grading scale of university resulting in the degree, are to be attached to the online application before submission. Scan copies of all your university attested transcripts must be uploaded online including the most recent transcript.
NOTE: Only selected candidates will be asked to provide Reference Letters and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current educational institution.