Scholarship Council of China Through HEC Chinese Government Scholarship CSC provides fully financed scholarships to Pakistani students for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate education in China. The Chinese government is providing CSC scholarships to Pakistani students pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in China.
CSC scholarships are available for 289 Chinese institutions that have been designated. These are major Chinese institutions that provide a wide range of academic programmes in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Fine Arts to scholarship recipients at all levels.
The Chinese Scholarship Council, Government of China, is providing Pakistani students/scholars the opportunity to study and do research in Chinese universities in order to strengthen educational cooperation between China and Pakistan. HEC is the nominating agency for these scholarships in the academic year 2022-23 on behalf of the Government of Pakistan.
The China Scholarship Council (CSC), which is appointed by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, is in charge of the enrolment and administration of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Scholarships are available for undergraduate/ bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral/PhD programmes in their respective fields of study for qualified students.
For scholarship awardees at all levels, designated Chinese universities provide a wide range of academic programmes in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal Studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Fine Arts, among others.
Register for Chinese Government Scholarship 2022-23
Note: For undergraduate students, the medium of studies will be the Chinese language throughout the degree program after a preparatory course of Chinese Language for one year.
Students, teachers, and scholars desirous to avail Chinese Government Scholarship are required to undertake a Chinese language course.
Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The table below illustrates the duration of each program.
|Supporting Categories||Major Study (including preparatory years)( year)||Chinese Language(preparatory study year)|
HEC Chinese Government CSC Scholarship Covers:
- Full Tuition fee
- Monthly Stipend: Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
- Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Travel Expenditure:
Eligibility criteria for HEC CSC Scholarship
- Pakistani / AJK National
- Bachelor Programs: years of schooling (FA/ Fsc or equivalent A-level) under the age of 25 years
- For Master’s Programs: Must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 years.
- For Ph.D. Programs: A master’s degree holder under the age of 40 years
List of Mandatory Documents:
- Degrees and Transcripts:
- Recommendation Letters:
- IELTS or HSK Certificates:
- Physical Medical Examination:
- Study Plan / Research Proposal / Motivation letter:
- Police Clearance Certificate:
List of Other Supporting Documents: Not Mandatory But Plus Point:
- After online submission of applications, HEC will ask through email to only shortlisted candidates to submit two sets of the following attested documents stapled in spiral binding separately with HEC online application form as under:
- Copies of applicant and father’s/Guardian’s CNIC.
- Copy of applicant’s Domicile.
- Copy of HEC online submitted form.
- All educational degrees & transcripts from matric to last terminal degree attested by HEC & IBCC.
- Chinese online application form
- Pre-admission letter from Chinese Government Scholarship Universities (Not mandatory)
- Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report (Not mandatory)
- A photocopy of valid passport information page.
- Two recommendation letters in original. (for Masters & Ph.D. only)
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Two copies of the applicant’s statement of purpose.
- Health/fitness certificates designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from here. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal record from police Department.
- In the case of employment, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the applicant’s employer will be required from shortlisted candidates.
- Certified English Translations of supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts) must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Hard Copies of the applications are not required at this stage. By-hand or incomplete applications shall NOT be entertained in any case.
- Note: Applicants who don’t have valid passports are advised to apply and get it before February 2022 as it is mandatory to upload a copy of the passport at the CSC portal.
Application Procedure for HEC CSC Scholarship 2022
- No manual or incomplete applications on e-portal will be entertained. All applicants must apply online on the HEC portal and in Chinese Universities.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of merit & the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the right to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
- Only apply online before the deadline of 03 January 2022, DO NOT send hard copies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of the application process.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical, Engineering, Agriculture, etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), Agriculture Council, & Nursing Council, etc.
- To apply at Chinese web portal please click the link http://www.csc.edu.cn/ or www.campuschina.org
- For detailed instructions about the Chinese Govt. Scholarship and applying procedure please follow the link http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/cultureservice/t1633589.htm and fill the Chinese online application carefully.
- Submit Fees of Rs.300/- in favor of HEC through HBL online facility. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, H-9 Branch Islamabad is being maintained for online transfer of fee to HEC from any HBL branch across the country.
- Hard Copies of the applications are not required at this stage. By-hand or incomplete applications shall NOT be entertained in any case.Important NoteKindly note that HEC would forward nominations from Pakistan after shortlisting of potential candidates on merit through a test OR interview OR both. The decision of HEC will be final and binding. The Last Date for online application on the HEC portal is on or before 03 January 2022.