Every time you connect to the Internet, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) assigns an IP address to your computer that is used to keep track of your online activities and pin your physical location for websites and applications. goes. Therefore, to protect your Internet privacy, it is often necessary to change your IP address.
Learn how to change IP address (IP address)
Following are some possible ways to change the IP address of your computer:
1. Using VPN (VPN): Best way to change IP address
There are many ways to change your IP address, but using VPN proxy is by far the best and safest way. The following are some popular VPN proxies that most Internet users prefer:
- Private Internet Access – Private Internet Access (Private Internet Access) is one of the best VPN services that allow you to instantly change your IP address with an encrypted connection. It gives you full anonymity (nomination) while surfing the internet.
- VyprVPN – VyprVPN provides the world’s fastest VPN services so that its customers can easily change their actual IP using a proxy and support a wide range of operating systems.
Benefits of using VPN Server:
- Fast, secure and highly reliable. All your web traffic can be encrypted to protect your data from hackers and protect your privacy.
- You can choose an address from a list of countries and locations to get a new IP address. From this, you can originate from any country of your choice.
- You can easily bypass regional blocks to access places and content that are restricted to your location.
2. Change the IP by Restarting the Router
Each time you connect to the Internet, your ISP assigns a separate IP called dynamic IP (Dynamic IP) to your computer. If your internet connection uses dynamic IP then you can easily change it by restarting your network device like modem/router. All you have to do is turn off your switch for a few seconds and turn it back on again to assign a different IP address.
Unlike using a VPN, this method has some drawbacks. Your newly allocated IP will have the same location or country as before and so if you are trying to bypass a country block then it will not be possible. Also, if your Internet connection uses a static IP address, you will be assigned a single IP regardless of how many times you restart your router.
3. Using Free Web Proxy (Free Web Proxy) to Change Your IP Address
If you cannot afford a VPN service or cannot restart the router if you are not getting a new IP, you can try some free browser based proxy services that allow you to change your IP address and surf anonymously. Help in doing. Following are some websites that provide free proxy services:
Following are some drawbacks of using Free Web Proxy
Even though these services come for free, they come with some of the following drawbacks:
- Most of them are slow and websites take a lot of time to load.
- Security and privacy are questionable as most of these free services are unreliable.
- Users have to hesitate with annoying advertisements and pop-ups as these sites need to generate revenue to compensate for the free service.
- Limited or no choice on choosing your IP location.
How to make sure your IP has changed?
To know your current IP address, just type ” My IP Address” on Google and your public IP address should be displayed in the search results. Once you successfully implement one of the above mentioned IP changing methods, you can recheck your IP on Google to ensure that you have a new IP.
The above snapshot shows a Google search result page displaying a new IP address after restarting the router.