University of the Punjab is inviting applications for MS, Mphil and PhD Programs 2021.
- With effect from 06-09-2021, an online form is accessible at http://admissions.pu.edu.pk, http://188.8.131.52/admissions. The candidate must submit his or her online application, as well as scanned copies of academic certificates, by September 20, 2021 (4:00 p.m.), and the Written Test/Interview will be held in the concerned department (following all Covid-19 SOPs) at the time and date specified above / as informed by the department.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered in any way.
M.S. / M.Phil. / Equivalent:
- BS (Hons.) 4 years/ M.A. / M.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons.) 4 years/ B.Sc. (Engg) degree or equivalent in the appropriate topic from a HEC approved University (At least 16 years of study; 130 credit hours) according to HEC and PU criteria.
For the PhD:
- BS (Hons.) 4 years/ M.A. / M.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons.) 4 years/ B.Sc. (Engg) degree or equivalent from a HEC accredited University (At least 16 years of study; 130 credit hours) with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 / first division as per HEC and PU regulations
- MS / M.Phil. / M.Sc. (Engg / Hons.) or equivalent degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 / first division according to HEC and PU regulations.
- Throughout his career, he has never finished in the third division.
- Any CGPA that is not on a scale of 4:00 shall be converted appropriately.
Candidates without a thesis in MS/MPhil/equivalent can be accepted, but they must complete a 06-credit-hour research thesis to satisfy the shortfall.
- Before admission, the appropriate Board of Studies/DDPC of Department / Institute / College / Centre / School will give subject qualifying criteria for particular disciplines.
- Candidates must pass the written exam with a score of 70% for the PhD and 50% for the MS/M.Phil/Equivalent.
- Candidates must pass the interview with a score of 50% or above.
- Marks 40 are set aside for academic qualifications (the merit formula table may be seen at www.pu.edu.pk/dpcc).
- MS / M.Phil. / M.Sc. (Engg./Hons) /equivalent/ Ph.D. entrance regulations can also be acquired from the relevant Department / Institute / Centre / College / School. Please contact the appropriate Department/Institute/Center/College/School for more information.
- The processing and examination cost, which is Rs.500/-, must be paid via an online Bank challan form produced during the application submission process.
- Applications received after the deadline (online) will not be considered.
- Candidates who are awaiting the results of their 8th semester BS / 4th semester M.A / M.Sc can apply, but they must give the results as soon as they are available from the Controller of Examinations or the relevant department before the test date. They will not be considered for the written test or admission if this is not the case.
- PU equivalence is necessary. The University of the Punjab’s Equivalence Committee will equalise qualifications from institutions other than the University of the Punjab. Candidates must apply to Equivalence Cell, PU in a timely manner and present all required documents prior to the interview.
- HEC Pakistan would also require equivalence of degrees awarded by chartered international universities. It’s also necessary to have PU equivalency.
- Candidates who are employed should present a letter of authorization from their employer by the day of the interview; those who fail to do so will not be included for the merit list.
- A foreign applicant must apply through his or her own country’s embassy or consulate, as well as Pakistan’s overseas mission (in case of Overseas Pakistani). NOC and HEC degree equivalent are necessary.
NOTE: The School of Communication Studies will announce the date, time, and location of the entry test for admission to the PhD and M.Phil programmes in Communication Studies. Candidates can contact the school at 042-99231225 or 99230518 if they have any questions.