Students move to different parts of the world for their education. To help the students in making their choices concerning where to study, the international university rankings website, QS has published a list of the best cities for students in 2020.
London is present at the top of the list, followed by Tokyo, Melbourne, Munich, and Berlin. London has preserved its top spot yet again. Germany and Australia are the only countries with two cities each in the top 10.
Islamabad and Lahore are placed at 111th and 115th place respectively on the list which contains 120 cities from the world.
The ratings were given based on a number of factors including:
- International Students
- Desirability and faculty
- Employer Activity and Research
- Affordability and expenses
- Students views about the institute
- QS World University Rankings
The students from across the globe were requested to fill out the International Student Survey by QS, which yielded the following results:
- 81% of the students desired a welcoming and safe environment
- 62% looked at the cost of living
- 61% preferred quality of teaching
- 59% wanted working permits while studying
Here are the top 10 cities for students according to QS Best Student Cities 2019:
|10||Hong Kong||Hong Kong SAR|